For Young Men, ages 15-19
August 7-20, 2004
8 days in Fatima, 4 days in Spain.
Visit the Shrine of Fatima on daily basis; experience candlelight procession on nightly basis; participate in the anniversary celebration of the August 13th apparition and participate in celebration of Feast of the Assumption with Mass on the Square and Eucharistic Procession; visit Valinhos, the Cabeco, the village of Aljustrel and the parish church of Fatima; make excursions to Alcobaca, Batalha and Nazare, as well as Coimbra. In Spain visit the burial place of St. Teresa of Avila in Alba De Tormes, spend full day touring Avila; make visits to the Valley of the Fallen and El Escorial as well as to Segovia and Madrid.
Escorted by Father Joseph Mary Brown (Chaplain), Brother Nathan Cromly, and Dr. William Fahey
Price: $2475.00. This price includes:
* Round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles
* Air taxes
* Accommodations in Tourist Class hotels
* All hotel taxes and service charges
* All meals
* All entrance fees
* All land transportation
Two mini-courses will be offered:
* Mary, Star of the New Evangelization – Our Holy Father, Pope John Paul II, has consistently called on the church to “put into the deep” by engaging herself with joyful hope in the “springtime of the new evangelization.” Turning especially to the young people of the church, he never ceases to remind them that it is to them, especially, that this challenge is addressed. It is by fixing their gaze firmly and lovingly on Mary, the model and mother of Christian life, that young Catholics can find the courage and the zeal needed to respond to this call. In a series of talks, Brother Nathan Cromly will encourage and strengthen the hope of our young people by meditating with them on the life and mission of the Virgin Mary and the life-transforming role she can play in their lives.
* The War for Beatitude – In these lectures, Professor Fahey will present the history of Spain and Portugal as a series of adventures and conflicts in time that parallel the personal quest which each Christian undertakes in his search for true happiness. From the coming of St. James through the Crusades to the events at Fatima and the Spanish Civil War, we encounter great Christian souls–monks, warriors, mystics, kings, and simple shepherds–who exemplify the virtues and the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Special attention will be given to the traditional seven stages of the spiritual life as understood by St. Augustine and St. Thomas, and lived in the flesh by great Christian souls of Catholic history.
Reservation deadline: May 3. Reservation fee: $400
Contact Mike Brown: 800-877-5456, ext. 271; email@example.com
Limited financial assistance may be available – contact Mike Brown. Also contact Mr. Brown if you have an interest in providing financial support to this worthy cause.