Join our team.
- Full-Time Position, Dean of Students: Christendom College is excited to announce that it is hiring for the newly designed position of the Dean of Students. This role is essential in implementing the College’s mission for student formation and accountability. Qualified candidates will have a clear vision for students’ personal and spiritual formation, the ability to encourage student accountability through the implementation of the Code of Conduct, and a strong desire to integrate him or herself in the life of the Christendom community through involvement in activities, events, and one-on-one relationship building with students. The Dean of Students reports to the Director of Student Affairs and works closely with the other departments in Student Life to foster an excellent, integrated Catholic experience that supports the pursuit of the liberal arts. Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to the Direct of Student Affairs, Amanda Graf, at [email protected]
- Full-Time Position, Director of Residence Life: Christendom College is excited to announce that it is hiring for the position of the Director of Residence Life. This role is essential for fostering and maintaining an excellent on-campus experience in this uniquely Catholic environment. Qualified applicants will have a strong understanding of the formational opportunities that a residential community offers, the ability to lead and motivate a staff of Residence Directors and Residence Assistants, and a desire to integrate him or herself in the Christendom community through involvement in activities, events, and one-on-one relationships building with students. The Director of Residence Life reports to the Director of Student Affairs and works closely with the other departments in Student Life to foster an excellent, integrated Catholic experience that supports the pursuit of the liberal arts. Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to the Direct of Student Affairs, Amanda Graf, at [email protected]
- Full-Time Position, Female Residence Director: Christendom College warmly welcomes female candidates for its position of Residence Director. Review of applications will begin March 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. The position is as follows: Christendom College is a Catholic liberal arts institution that is devoted to providing a curriculum grounded in natural and revealed truth. The College is dedicated to forming the whole person for a life spent in the pursuit of truth and wisdom. Flowing from this education is formation of moral character and the fostering of the spiritual life. This education prepares students for their role as faithful, informed, and articulate members of Christ’s Church and society. In order to prepare men and women “to restore all things in Christ,” Christendom College works to form students who are positioned and prepared to contribute to the renovation of the world. Christendom College seeks to enhance its offerings with the cultural, intellectual and spiritual enrichment which comes from life spent in our residential community. The Residence Director (RD) must be a personable individual dedicated to assisting college students with all aspects of formation. This is a full-time, 12-month, live-in position with full benefits and salary commensurate with experience. The position includes night, weekend and “on call” responsibilities throughout the academic year. This position reports to the Dean of Student Life. A brief summary of responsibilities of the Residence Director includes the following: responsible for supporting the residential and community life on campus; play an integral role in the formation of students and in such role supports the Director of Residence Life (DRL) and the Dean of Students (DS) in setting the tone for much of the student experience outside the classroom; provide leadership and direction in the formation of the student body as a whole, as well as with the specific formation of women on campus; support the work of the Residence Life Office, especially with the Resident Assistants (RA), their training and development throughout the year; serve as the first point of contact in support of students within the context of a residential campus; serve as a special liaison to female students, especially within the single gender residence hall setting; maintain a safe, secure, healthy and positive living environment that enhances student development and learning; assist the DS and DRL in formulating and implementing the rules governing student life; handle minor conduct issues as outlined by the DS; coordinate and facilitate the following events/initiatives: Welcome Week Committee (Orientation), Parents Weekend, Women’s Convocation, Housing Selection, RA Selection and Dorm Wars; meet with students who are struggling and make counseling referrals when such referrals are deemed necessary; responsible for crisis response, risk management and serves in the “on call” rotation with other staff; and participate and contribute in broader Student Life programs, events and initiatives.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required; experience in and an understanding of Residence Life practices in a small school setting; experience in Residence Life and/or Student Affairs; strong understanding of and ability to foster a balanced Catholic culture; previous experience in a relational ministry setting preferred; comfortable in preparing and presenting to groups; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff and students; strong communication skills and ability to motivate students; ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evening, weekend and “on call” assignments; and commitment to and support for the Mission of Christendom College. Though the RD is a resource for all students, the RD serves as a special liaison to female students, especially within the single gender residence hall setting. Due to the specific nature of that indispensable work, only female candidates will be considered.
- Submission Instructions: Candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, résumé and contact information for three professional references to Mr. Chris Vander Woude, Dean of Students at [email protected]. Cover letter should explain the candidate’s interest in the position, what the candidate can contribute to the programs, and how the candidate can contribute to the mission of the College. Materials should be submitted electronically as attachments, in MS Word or PDF format. Review of applications will begin March 1, 2017. and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates are also required to complete Christendom’s Human Resources application (see link below) and e-mail it to [email protected] .
- Read the full Job Description here.
Christendom College Human Resources Job Application Required for staff position applications only.
N.B. Please use Adobe Reader when completing the application (i.e. do not use other applications such as Preview on Mac or PDF Reader on Windows).
Christendom College does not discriminate against any applicant or student on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.