Join Our Team.
There are no openings at this time. Please check back again later.
Residence Coordinator, Rome Campus, Full-Time: The Residence Coordinator (RC) is responsible for assisting the Director of Rome Administration and Student Life (DRASL) and Director of Rome Academics in all aspects of the Rome Program. The Residence Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Student Life Office during periods not in Rome on a part-time basis. This is a full-time live-in position in Rome (approximately 6 months) and a part-time live-in position in Front Royal (approximately 6 months). The RC provides leadership and direction in the formation of the Rome Program students as a whole, as well as with the specific formation of male students. Based on the nature of this position and its role with male students only male applicants will be considered. The Residence Coordinator is responsible to the Director of Student Affairs (full year) and the Director of Rome Administration and Student Life (in Rome).
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN ROME:
- Assist the Rome Directors in the administration and implementation of the Rome Program.
- Perform various administrative and logistical tasks in Rome in coordination with the Rome Directors.
- Responsible for maintaining a vibrant and ordered community within the student residence. This includes building community life, spiritual life and supporting the academic aspects of the program.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe residence community by means of room inspections, curfew enforcement, alcohol policy enforcement and student conflict resolution.
- Facilitate and participate in all aspects of the program, including applicable tours and trips.
- Assists with enforcing the Code of Student Conduct and Rome Program policies.
- Provide support and serve as a liaison for students in difficult health and well-being circumstances.
- Serve as a Teaching Assistant to professors.
- Lead day trips and outings.
- Liaise with Italian vendors and organizations.
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN FRONT ROYAL:
- Assist with coordination New Student Orientation in Front Royal at the opening of the academic year.
- Perform various administrative tasks in Student Life in coordination with the Director of Student Affairs
- Meet with the Director of Student Affairs on a weekly basis.
- Participate in all training for RAs and Rome Program staff.
- Serve on the On-Call rotation with the Student Life staff during times in Front Royal, when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NECESSARY:
- Must hold a college degree at the Bachelor level.
- Must be highly organized and able to handle duties in an abroad setting.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be physically able to handle the active lifestyle associated with abroad travel and walking tours.
- Should have a strong understanding and comfort level with procedures and approaches for handling student issues in both residential and abroad settings.
- Must be willing to acquire a student visa during the time in Rome.
- Though the RC is a resource for all Rome students, the RC serves as a special liaison to male students, especially within the residence setting. Due to the specific nature of that indispensable work, only male candidates will be considered.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Amanda Graf, Director of Student Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your resume/cover letter, we will carefully review your experience and qualifications against those of the position. Due to the volume of applications we may receive, you will be contacted only if you are selected to move forward in the recruiting process. Thank you for your interest in this position!
Christendom College does not discriminate against any applicant or student on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.