The liberal arts education offered at Christendom is not for the faint of heart, but for those who aspire to greatness. The Padre Pio Full-Tuition Scholarship Competition gives the very best students the opportunity to receive an authentic, time-tested, Catholic liberal arts education for only the cost of room, board, and fees.
This year, three full-tuition scholarships will be awarded to academically excellent students who demonstrate the ability to contribute to the college community, both within the classroom and in broader campus life. Candidates are judged based on their performance in the on-campus interview with the scholarship committee and essay contest. Winners are expected to maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout their 4 years at Christendom, assist out various admissions and academic events on campus, and at all times be beyond reproach in their personal conduct, during their time as students.
- This year’s scholarship competition will take place on Christendom’s campus on Saturday, March 17, 2018: St. Patrick’s Day.
- New incoming freshmen must have SAT scores of 1280 or higher, ACT scores of 29 or higher, or CLT scores of 94 or higher in order to participate in the scholarship competition.
- In order to participate in the competition, students must have applied to and been accepted at Christendom for Fall 2018, and must have achieved qualifying scores (listed above) prior to registering for the competition. (Christendom super-scores SATs, ACTs, and CLTs, so we take the best score in each section and add them together to make the highest score.)
- Registration will open on January 15 and the deadline to register for the competition is March 1.
- Students must be physically present on March 17 in order to participate in the competition. Skype interviews will not be available and exceptions will not be offered.
- During the competition participants will be asked to write an essay and will interview with a scholarship committee panel.
- Students are highly encouraged to practice being interviewed and answering questions of an academic nature (e.g. their interest in the liberal arts, the nature and ends of education, formative books they have read, etc) so that they can feel more comfortable when talking with the faculty panel.
- Winners will NOT be announced at the competition. The three selected Padre Pio Full-Tuition winners, will be notified by the Admissions Office within three weeks following the competition and will then be given one week to accept or turn down the offer.
- 3-5 $5,000 runners-up scholarships will be awarded. This is a four year renewable academic scholarship.
- All participants who do not receive a full tuition scholarship or runners-up scholarship will be given a $1,000 participation scholarship. This is a four year renewable academic scholarship.