2016 Padre Pio Full-Tuition Scholarship Competition
- New incoming students (freshmen or transfers) must have SAT scores of 2060 or higher or ACT scores of 31 or above in order to apply for the scholarship competition.
- Students must have attained these scores prior to January 15. (Christendom superscores SATs and ACTs, so we take the best score in each section and add them together to make the highest score.)
- Before applying for the Padre Pio Scholarship Competition, students must first submit a complete general application (includes submission of transcripts, letter of recommendation test scores, and essay) to attend Christendom College in the Fall 2016 semester.
- In order to be considered as a finalist for the Scholarship Competition, students must complete and submit an online Scholarship Application form and write an essay of a minimum of 1000 words on this topic: Discuss the value of a Catholic liberal arts education and explain why you seek such an education from Christendom College).
- Application materials for both the college and for the scholarship must be received by January 15, 2016.
- Once a student has submitted an application and essay for the scholarship competition, the faculty panel will review the application and make a decision on whether the applicant is a finalist or not. Applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision sometime between January 15 and January 20.
- If the panel decides that an applicant is a finalist, that finalist will be invited to campus to meet with and be interviewed by the faculty panel on February 29. Finalists will be asked a number of questions to help the panel make a decision on a winner. The questions posed will be the same for all candidates and will not be made known prior to the competition.
- Students are highly encouraged to practice being interviewed and answering questions of an academic nature, so that they can feel more comfortable when talking with the faculty panel.
- Students who meet eligibility requirements for the competition, but are not awarded the Padre Pio Scholarship, will each automatically receive an Academic Scholarship at Christendom College. This scholarship is simply the normal Academic Scholarship that all applicants who score a 1920 or higher on the SAT or 29 or higher on the ACT receive.
- 2 Full-Tuition scholarships are given each year.