2013 Padre Pio Full-Tuition
- New incoming students (freshmen or transfers) must have SAT scores of 2100 or higher or ACT scores of 32 or above. They must have attained these scores prior to their visit to campus and meeting with the faculty panel. Christendom superscores SATs, so we take the best reading ever scored, the best math ever scored, and the best writing ever scored to come up with your top score.
- Prior to their visit to Christendom, students must complete an application (includes submission of letters of recommendation, transcripts, test scores, and essays) for the Fall 2013 semester.
- Students must visit campus on select weekends during the fall or spring semester and meet with a faculty panel for evaluation
(visits must be arranged at least two weeks in advance with Liz Beller in the Admissions Office).
Two weekends will be scheduled for the fall, and two for the spring. The Scholarship Weekends are as follows:
- October 26-28, November 2-4, March 15-17, and April 5-7.
- Faculty will meet with students between 4-5pm on the particular Fridays of the visit weekend.
- Students need not stay for the whole weekend, but must meet with Faculty panel on the Friday afternoon.
- Students must complete the online Scholarship Application form and write an essay of 1000 words on a specific topic (Topic: Discuss the value of a Catholic liberal arts education and explain why you seek such an education from Christendom College). Application materials for both the college and for the scholarship must be received at least 2 weeks prior to the planned visit to campus.
- Students who meet eligibility requirements for the competition, and apply for the full-tuition scholarship but are not awarded the Padre Pio Scholarship, will each automatically receive a Presidential Scholarship valued at $33,600 (or more) over four years of study at Christendom College. This scholarship is simply the normal Presidential Scholarship that all applicants who score a certain number on the SAT or ACT receive.
- 2 Full-Tuition scholarships are given each year. Generally, approximately 20-30 people take part in the competition.
- The winners of the 2012-13 Padre Pio Scholarship Competition are Grace Mooney and Mary Carolyn Manion.