2014-15 Padre Pio Full-Tuition
- New incoming students (freshmen or transfers) must have SAT scores of 2060 or higher or ACT scores of 31 or above.
- They must have attained these scores prior to participating in the Scholarship Competition (To be held on March 2, 2015) and meeting with the faculty panel.
- Christendom superscores SATs and ACTs, so we take the best score in each section and add them together to make the highest score.
- Prior to their attendance at the Scholarship Competition at Christendom, students must complete an application (includes submission of letters of recommendation, transcripts, test scores, and essays) for the Fall 2015 semester.
- Students must complete and submit, prior to coming to campus, an online Scholarship Application form and write an essay of 1000 words (at least 1000 words, but you could go longer if necessary - more words don't necessarily make it better, though) on this topic: Discuss the value of a Catholic liberal arts education and explain why you seek such an education from Christendom College).
- Application materials for both the college and for the scholarship must be received by January 15, 2015.
- Once a student has submitted an application and essay for the scholarship competition, the faculty panel will review the applications and make a decision on whether the applicant is a finalist or not.
- If the panel decides that an applicant is a finalist, that finalist will be invited to campus to meet with that faculty panel and be asked a number of questions to help the panel make a decision on a winner. The questions posed will be the same for all candidates and will not be made known prior to the competition. The student will know if he/she is a finalist sometime between Jan. 15 and Jan. 22.
- Students are highly encouraged to practice being interviewed and answering questions of an academic nature, so that they can feel more comfortable when talking with the faculty panel.
- Members of the Admissions Office are not on the panel and have no say as to who the winner of the competition should be.
- Students who meet eligibility requirements for the competition, and apply for the full-tuition scholarship but are not awarded the Padre Pio Scholarship, will each automatically receive a Presidential Scholarship at Christendom College. This scholarship is simply the normal Presidential Scholarship that all applicants who score a 1920 or higher on the SAT or 29 or higher on the ACT receive.
- 2 Full-Tuition scholarships are given each year. Generally, approximately 40-50 people take part in the competition.
Must apply on or before January 15, 2015. No exceptions will be made.