Christendom College has been providing one of the most rigorous, liberal arts educations in the nation for the past 35 years. In complete faithfulness to the Magisterium, the College has been giving its students an opportunity to not only learn the Catholic Faith in a community setting, but to live and breathe the Catholic faith—and her culture—in all that they do.
Although there are a number of good Catholic colleges and universities from which to choose, Christendom is unique in a number of ways.
- At Christendom, Catholicism affects everything that we do on campus: how we pray, how we learn, how we study, how we recreate, how we socialize, how we dress, and even how we eat. Catholicism is the "air that we breathe," as we like to say. Not all Catholic colleges or universities can say this.
- We focus on providing our students with a broad education through studying solely the liberal arts, rather than providing them a narrow education with specific training in one discipline, as many colleges and universities do who offer majors in just about every subject matter possible. We have found that our alumni, after simply having attained their BA from Christendom, are hired to work in a myriad of fields, such as business, marketing, finance, education, communications, IT, and so much more. And many have gone on to graduate programs in law, medicine, accounting, architecture, business, and the academic disciplines at such places as Harvard, Notre Dame, William and Mary, The Angelicum, Oxford, and the University of Virginia.
- Christendom is committed to remaining at its current enrollment of around 450 students. We want to have that "Big Catholic Family" feel and we want to be able to know all of our students on a personal level.
- We have an incredible Junior Semester in Rome Program where our students live and take classes just minutes from the Vatican.
- We are very committed to providing our students with a very Catholic environment. As a result, we have a number of rules and regulations which can aid the students in their pursuit of holiness and wisdom: no internet or TVs in residence halls; no alcohol on campus except for officially sponsored events; no intervisitation; professional dress code for classes; and a modesty dress code at all times.
- We do not accept any form of Federal financial aid or assistance, but we have our own donor-funded financial aid program (loans, grants, and scholarships).
- We have a robust Career Development program, designed to help our students keep focused on life beyond Christendom so that they can be well prepared to enter the workforce after graduation and be confident leaders in society.
- Our intercollegiate sports program allows our students to be students first and athletes second, yet, at the same time, provides a competitive, fun environment, giving our student-athletes the opportunity to excel at their sport.