For Non-Emergency Doctor’s Visits:
- The student should arrange a doctor’s appointment through their personal local physician or contact a local physician’s office. There are also several walk-in clinics in the Front Royal, Stephens City and Winchester, VA area. Stephens City is approximately 20 miles and Winchester is located approximately 30 miles from the College. When making an appointment, you should not expect that any of the clinics or offices can give you an appointment for the same day.
- The student should arrange a ride through friends, use a taxi, or contact the Transportation Dept. at the College. The student should expect to pay for transportation services.
- Bring your insurance card and know the names and dosage amounts of any prescription medications when you go the doctor’s office.
- Be prepared to pay your co-pay at the office or to pay the charge in full if you are going to a walk-in clinic.
For Emergency Room Visits:
- If life threatening, 911 should be called first! If non-life threatening, the student should arrange a ride through friends or use a taxi service. Remember to travel with a couple of friends/volunteers.
- Notify an RA of the situation if possible.
- Warren County Memorial Hospital is the closest hospital located at 1000 N. Shenandoah Ave.
Christendom College – Nurse’s Office Information
The Nurse’s number at the College is (540) 636-2900 x1275 or email [email protected]
- If you need basic medical advisement, you may contact Christendom College’s nurse. The Nurse’s Office is located in the lower level of St. Lawrence Commons. The Nurse’s office hours are posted on the Nurse’s Office door. Be sure to leave a message and return phone number if your reach voice mail.
- Please note; the Nurse is not able to diagnose conditions, prescribe medications, etc. The Nurse is able to assist with basic triage care only. You should never delay in contacting emergency services because you are unable/waiting to reach the nurse.
- For a packet listing medical resources (doctors, dentists, counselors/psychologists, etc.) and driving directions to some medical facilities, see the posting area outside of the Nurse’s Office and Student Life.
Local Medical Resources – Front Royal Area
It is advisable to check with your insurance company as to which of the following options is best for you. You should always bring your insurance card with you to any medical facility.
This information is not a recommendation of these facilities. This is simply a list of area resources that we are aware of. It has been compiled for your convenience and is not an exhaustive list. Students should consult with their personal primary care physician and parent/guardian when making medical decisions.
WARREN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL – No Appt. Needed
General Medical Care
Urgent Care Centers – No Appt. Needed
SKYLINE FAMILY PRACTICE – Appt Needed
APPLE VALLEY DENTAL GROUP
SKYLINE ORTHOPEDIC AND SPORTS
Catholic Counseling Resources
MISERICORDIA DIVINA INTEGRATIVE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH