Spiritual Life News
We proclaim to you good news. (Acts 14:15)
Following is the latest news from the Christendom College Chaplaincy:
- Monday, March 3: "Evangelization & Missions" Talk on "History, Culture & Evangelization in Latin America" by Fr. Planty at 7:30 P.M. in St. Lawrence 2.
- Tuesday, March 4: NO Tuesday Talk or Spanish Lesson.
- Wednesday, March 5: Ash Wednesday; Lent begins. Ashes distributed at 7:30 & 11:30 A.M. Masses.
- Thursday, March 6: First Friday Vigil Holy Hour, 9:30-10:30 P.M., followed by all-night Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament (Chapel).
- Friday, March 7: Stations of the Cross, 7:00 P.M., Chapel.
- LENTEN REGULATIONS for fasting and abstinence: Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are obligatory days of fasting and abstinence from meat for Catholics. In addition, Fridays during Lent are obligatory days of abstinence from meat. For members of the Latin Catholic Church, the norms on fasting are obligatory from age 18 until age 59. When fasting, a person is permitted to eat one full meal. Two smaller meals may also be taken, but not to equal a full meal. The norms concerning abstinence from meat are binding upon members of the Latin Catholic Church from age 14 onwards.
- BENEFACTOR HOLY HOURS
Please consider making a holy hour for one of our college's gracious benefactors. Personalize your offering by filling out a provided holy hour card in the vestibule of the chapel.