Freshman Christine McLaughlin is a force to be reckoned with on the soccer field. Scoring 13 of the 21 goals made during the first six games the Lady Crusaders have played this season, McLaughlin’s talent is undeniable.

On Wednesday, McLaughlin was named Player of the Week for Division II Soccer by the USCAA. In just one week, McLaughlin netted seven goals, four of which led the Crusaders to their 5-3 victory against Penn State Mont Alto.

On September 7, McLaughlin scored the winning goal against Sweetbriar College, helping the team to a 1-0 victory. On September 14, she scored two goals, contributing to the team’s 4-1 victory against Valley Forge.

The Lady Crusaders are having an excellent season and currently have a 5-1 record. Without a doubt, McLaughlin’s talent is a major contributing factor to the team’s success.

McLaughlin, who has been playing soccer since the age of four, is thankful for the recognition.

“I am very grateful for the award,” says McLaughlin. “I have never had such a supportive group of girls backing me up in soccer. My teammates are always there to lift me up and cheer me on.”

It will be exciting to see this talented athlete play and improve during the next four years. The Christendom community is very proud of this young athlete and looks forward to the next home game against Warren Wilson on Saturday at 1:00.