“I have known a number of the alumni, and of course, I always think that the ultimate test of the excellence of a Catholic college is the quality of Faith in Christ and in His Church of the alumni, and Christendom certainly stands out in that regard.” – Raymond Cardinal Burke, Former Prefect, Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura.
We are proud to offer personalized assistance to the whole college community, freshman to senior, to help plan and achieve career and vocational success. Our services are designed to help you explore options, connect with opportunities, and succeed no matter what your career aspirations are.
One of the tools we utilize to help our students achieve success (98% of the Class of 2019 were employed or in graduate school within 6 months of graduation) is a unique program called CareerPath. Through this systematic, thoughtful approach to leading students through the often times difficult path to choosing a career, students are given the confidence, knowledge, education, and mentorship they need to go into their desired profession upon graduation.
Rather than relying on chance and happenstance, students who choose to enroll in CareerPath during their Junior year and select their desired “First Job Out of College” will be able to work with members of the Career Development Team to create an Individualized Success Plan. Through this intentional plan, students will be
- Assigned an alumni mentor in their chosen field
- Given the knowledge they need to find success in their profession
- Shown the education/coursework they need to succeed
- Educated about how to find the best experiential learning opportunities for them, including internships, jobs, and shadowing opportunities
- Taught to tailor their cover letters and resumes for a particular position
- Coached about how to best interview for this position
- Encouraged to utilize the college’s network to find more people in the field who can assist them
- Provided insights into how to best search for a specific job to find success
- Able to meet one-on-one regularly with a Certified Career Counselor
Through CareerPath, Christendom students will be successful in whatever post-graduation pursuit they choose.
The Career Development Office also provides the tools to:
- Discover career options which fit your personality and abilities
- Experience skill-building opportunities such as internships, employment, and volunteer opportunities
- Pursue post-graduation career plans, including full-time employment and graduate school
Good luck and get started! As you explore the tips and tools on these pages, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.
I look forward to helping you achieve success in all of your pursuits.
Director of Career Development
Kristin Stephens has been Christendom College’s Director of Career Development since 2018. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Roanoke College and a Master of Science in Counseling and Student Affairs from Radford University. Kristin has worked in higher education in Career Services and Residence Life and has also taught classes on a variety of subjects, including leadership, study skills, resume writing, and etiquette. She enjoys working with students one on one to help them learn more about themselves and make educated decisions about their future career paths. She provides workshops, career counseling appointments, resume critiques, classroom presentations, and related assistance to the students at the college. She and her husband, Dagan, live on 82 acres in Fort Valley, Virginia, along with their two young boys, Calligan and Gibson.