October 12-21, 2018
Shrine of Divine Mercy
St. John Lateran
Join Christendom College President Dr. Timothy O’Donnell and his wife, Cathy, as they lead a pilgrimage in the footsteps of St. John Paul II celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the saint’s Election as the Vicar of Christ.
Price: $3,725 | Space is limited.
For more information, contact Brenda Seelbach at brenda.seelbach@ christendom.edu or 540.551.9189.
May be subject to change.
- Friday, October 12: Overnight flight to Krakow from Washington-Dulles on United Airlines.
- Saturday, October 13: After our arrival in Krakow, we will have time to explore the ancient city with Mass at the Church of Divine Mercy. (dinner)
- Sunday, October 14: We will tour Wawel Cathedral and Castle, including the Royal Tombs, the Sigismund Bell, and the Cathedral Museum. (breakfast, dinner)
- Monday, October 15: We will visit Wadowice, the birthplace and boyhood home of St. John Paul II. We will have Mass at the Church of the Presentation of Mary, which is where the saint was baptized. This will be followed by a guided tour of his family home. In the afternoon, we will visit Auschwitz, including the cell of St. Maximillian Kolbe. (breakfast, dinner)
- Tuesday, October 16: We will visit the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy in Lagiewniki with Mass in the Chapel of the Miraculous Image. After free time at the Sanctuary, we will visit the nearby John Paul II center. In the afternoon, we will return to Krakow for a tour of the Old Town, including Kanonicza Street and the Churches of St. Francis and St. Mary. (breakfast, dinner)
- Wednesday, October 17: We will visit Jagiellonian University, where St. John Paul studied, and will meet with Cardinal Dziwisz, the longtime secretary of the saint. In the early afternoon, we will depart for Rome via Ryan Air. (breakfast, dinner)
- Thursday, October 18: We will travel outside the city to the catacombs of San Callisto and St. Sebastian and then dine out on the ancient Appian Way. Later that afternoon we will tour the Basilica of Our Savior, also known as the Cathedral of St. John Lateran, traditionally known as the Pope’s Cathedral, climb the Scala Santa (Holy Stairs), then visit Santa Croce, which houses the relics of our Lord’s Passion. Dinner will be on your own this evening. (breakfast, lunch)
- Friday, October 19: We celebrate Mass in St. Peter’s at the tomb of St. John Paul II then tour the basilica. In the afternoon, we will have a walking tour through the cobblestone streets of Rome following in the footsteps of St. John Paul II‘s student days. (breakfast, dinner)
- Saturday, October 20: We will begin the day with Mass at S. Spirito in Sassia where the heart of S. Faustina is enshrined. We will explore classical Rome, focusing on the historical roots of Western Civilization, walking in the footsteps of Peter. This excursion will include visits to the Coliseum, Palatine Hill, and the Roman Forum. The afternoon is free. This evening Francis Cardinal Arinze will join us for dinner. (breakfast, dinner)
- Sunday, October 21: After a week filled with memories, we will fly back home to the United States—a direct flight to Washington Dulles International Airport on United Airlines. (breakfast)