Join Our Team.
Theology Professor, Full-Time
The Theology Department of Christendom College seeks to hire an assistant professor for a full-time position starting August 15, 2020. The candidate should possess a doctoral degree in theology. We will also consider well-qualified ABD candidates with a date set for their dissertation defense.
The assistant professor position requires an area of specialization in historical or systematic theology. Additional areas of competence in Sacred Scripture, sacramental theology, or Thomistic moral theology will be preferred.
Located in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, Christendom College is a Roman Catholic, four-year, liberal arts college dedicated to restoring all things in Christ through academic excellence and fidelity to the Magisterium. Christendom College is committed to Thomistic programs of instruction in theology and philosophy, which are taught according to the spirit, method, and principles of the Common Doctor. For more information on Christendom’s mission, values and core curriculum, please consult our website: www.christendom.edu.
The successful candidate will teach four classes per semester in the theology core curriculum and major. The candidate should possess a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching in a faith-filled, formative environment that takes joy in communicating the riches of tradition to the twenty-first century student. In accordance with the Apostolic Constitution Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the candidate must be willing to profess the Oath of Fidelity, which the entire college faculty does annually before the local ordinary as a voluntary act.
Interested applicants should provide the following: (1) current curriculum vitae; (2) a letter of application that includes a statement of how the candidate envisions contributing to the Mission of Christendom College; (3) all graduate and undergraduate transcripts of degree seeking coursework; (4) a sample of the candidate’s scholarly writing; and (5) three letters of recommendation which attest to the candidate’s scholarship, teaching ability, and character. All application material or questions should be sent electronically to Dr. Matthew Tsakanikas, Chairman of the Theology Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Graduate and undergraduate transcripts should be sent to:
Professor Greg Townsend, PhD
Vice President for Academic Affairs
134 Christendom Drive
Front Royal, VA 22630
To be assured of consideration, applications must be received by August 15, 2019. Please allow 3 business days for acknowledgment of emails. Requests for interviews will be sent at the start of September. Interviews will be conducted around the first week of October.
Director of Residence Life, Full-Time:
RESPONSIBLE TO: Vice President of Student Affairs GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Director of Residence Life is responsible for overseeing the residential and community life on campus at Christendom College. The Director plays an integral role in the formation of students and sets the tone for much of the student experience outside the classroom. With the Dean of Students, the Director provides leadership and direction in the formation of the general student body. The Director supervises training and development of the live-in Residence Directors (RDs) and the Resident Assistants (RAs).
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintenance Technician, Full-Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the routine maintenance of all buildings and grounds on campus, including the carpentry, plumbing, HVAC and electrical aspects comprised in these areas.
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routine maintenance of all electrical fixtures throughout all buildings and grounds.
- Routine maintenance of general plumbing to include fixtures, well pumps, pressure tanks, water heaters, water softeners, and chlorination systems.
- Routine maintenance and replacement of locks, closures and related mechanisms in all buildings.
- Work with contracted services brought in for general grounds maintenance, HVAC systems, and any other needed areas.
- Routine maintenance of all mechanical equipment at Waste Water Treatment Plant and drying beds; in consultation with the Plant Operator, advise Maintenance Manager of all needed repairs.
- Comply with work order, scheduling and preventive maintenance policies and procedures of the college.
- Training and supervision of work study students assigned to department.
- Advise the Maintenance Manager of all needed repairs and improvements to the buildings and grounds on campus.
- Responsible for snow removal and maintaining parking lots and driveway areas.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NECESSARY:
- Must be available to work on a rotating shift schedule that includes Saturday work during the academic year.
- Minimum 3 years related work experience.
- Ability to demonstrate generalist’s knowledge of trades (carpentry, electricity, plumbing and mechanical systems).
- Ability to interact in professional manner with college faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to use a computer and/or mobile device to maintain logs and inventories; respond to service requests and emails; manage work orders in the computerized maintenance management system.
- Must be willing to upgrade skills through seminars and continuing education.
- This position is designated as essential personnel and, during inclement weather and emergency situations, is required to be available to the College as needed.
Christendom College does not discriminate against any applicant or student on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.