Christendom College

Digital Marketer Extraordinaire: Will Skuba

May 10, 2018

Digital marketing has quickly become one of the most important career fields in the 21st century. As social media continues to evolve, businesses are relying on savvy marketing leaders to tell their stories in new ways more than ever. Lucky for businesses, fresh marketing leaders, equipped with the ability to think critically and communicate effectively — such as 2018 graduate Will Skuba — are rising through the ranks, ready to help them achieve their goals and impact the world around them.

Skuba, a political science and economics major, has been working for Enable, an alumni-owned web design and marketing company, throughout the year. Working part-time during his junior year, Skuba has since become the company’s director of marketing, handling the individual custom marketing strategies of the company’s many clients.

While Skuba had sales experience before joining Enable, he didn’t have any marketing experience. He believes that his liberal arts education, combined with his drive to succeed, helped him overcome this obstacle very quickly.

Skuba jumped into marketing before even graduating. Now, a few days before his commencement ceremonies, he’s already the director of marketing for Enable Design.

“The core curriculum, and especially my major, political science and economics, have instilled in me over the past four years the ability to break down complex material and restyle it in more understandable terms,” says Skuba. “Marketing can feel vague or overwhelming, with no clear plan or purpose unless it is discussed in easily accessible terms, and Christendom’s education has helped me to do that. Economics is called ‘the dismal science’ for a reason, but applying these comprehension and communication techniques from Christendom has helped me with learning different digital marketing techniques. I can then break them down for my own understanding, as well as to share with clients.”

Enable has a focus on helping small businesses succeed, providing them with a personal, friendly service that can transform their business into a powerhouse in the digital age. The way Enable humanizes web design and marketing appealed to Skuba, and he believes that this form of marketing is essential in today’s market.

“I am happy to be in the marketing field, because of the creative and meticulous nature of the work, but primarily because of the ability it gives me to market for causes I believe in. I love helping Catholic causes, institutes, women’s health centers, and organizations follow the New Testament mandate to ‘Give a reason for the hope that is in you,’” concludes Skuba. “I find tremendous satisfaction in helping them share their message and helping them reach those who need it. Additionally, helping individual business owners expand their businesses and provide for their families makes the work meaningful and personal to me, and gives a higher purpose to the daily work I do. In that same vein, I love the unique nature of Enable’s marketing ethos, which heavily relies on the human connection. We obviously use the most up-to-date marketing techniques, but emphasize more soft skills,’ giving small businesses a human connection in their account manager and in every team member with whom they interact.”

Enable has a focus on helping small businesses succeed, providing them with a personal, friendly service that can transform their business into a powerhouse in the digital age.

Skuba, who recently married alumna Michaela Sanborn, has accomplished a lot before he walks across the stage this May and joins the alumni ranks. His education and the networking opportunities that he received have already opened many doors for him, enabling him to live out the mission of the college and “restore all things in Christ.” With such things accomplished so early, only greater success can be around the corner for this 2018 graduate.

Learn more about Enable here.