Join Our Team.
Theology Professor, Full-Time
The Theology Department of Christendom College seeks to hire an assistant professor for a full-time position starting August 15, 2020. The candidate should possess a doctoral degree in theology. We will also consider well-qualified ABD candidates with a date set for their dissertation defense.
The assistant professor position requires an area of specialization in historical or systematic theology. Additional areas of competence in Sacred Scripture, sacramental theology, or Thomistic moral theology will be preferred.
Located in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, Christendom College is a Roman Catholic, four-year, liberal arts college dedicated to restoring all things in Christ through academic excellence and fidelity to the Magisterium. Christendom College is committed to Thomistic programs of instruction in theology and philosophy, which are taught according to the spirit, method, and principles of the Common Doctor. For more information on Christendom’s mission, values and core curriculum, please consult our website: www.christendom.edu.
The successful candidate will teach four classes per semester in the theology core curriculum and major. The candidate should possess a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching in a faith-filled, formative environment that takes joy in communicating the riches of tradition to the twenty-first century student. In accordance with the Apostolic Constitution Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the candidate must be willing to profess the Oath of Fidelity, which the entire college faculty does annually before the local ordinary as a voluntary act.
Interested applicants should provide the following: (1) current curriculum vitae; (2) a letter of application that includes a statement of how the candidate envisions contributing to the Mission of Christendom College; (3) all graduate and undergraduate transcripts of degree seeking coursework; (4) a sample of the candidate’s scholarly writing; and (5) three letters of recommendation which attest to the candidate’s scholarship, teaching ability, and character. All application material or questions should be sent electronically to Dr. Matthew Tsakanikas, Chairman of the Theology Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Graduate and undergraduate transcripts should be sent to:
Professor Greg Townsend, PhD
Vice President for Academic Affairs
134 Christendom Drive
Front Royal, VA 22630
To be assured of consideration, applications must be received by August 15, 2019. Please allow 3 business days for acknowledgment of emails. Requests for interviews will be sent at the start of September. Interviews will be conducted around the first week of October.
Director of Residence Life, Full-Time:
RESPONSIBLE TO: Vice President of Student Affairs GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Director of Residence Life is responsible for overseeing the residential and community life on campus at Christendom College. The Director plays an integral role in the formation of students and sets the tone for much of the student experience outside the classroom. With the Dean of Students, the Director provides leadership and direction in the formation of the general student body. The Director supervises training and development of the live-in Residence Directors (RDs) and the Resident Assistants (RAs).
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications Manager, Full-Time
RESPONSIBLE TO: VP for Enrollment and Marketing
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Communications Manager is responsible for generating positive publicity for the college and enhancing its reputation, primarily through the use of imagery, stories, social media posts, and web content. The Communications Manager, in essence, is the reporter of all things Christendom.
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write press releases, feature stories, and articles for college publications and external media sources
- Attend and cover major college events for internal and external publication
- Manage social media and the news/events section of college website
- Capture college imagery and video for use in publications, website, and social media sites
- Maintain and update college website
- Handle media inquiries
- Work with journalists and publication editors to publish stories, faculty interviews/articles, and op-ed pieces
- Manage internal and external communication emails, including the Christendom TODAY, PERSPECTIVE and NOW
- Serve on the college’s Emergency Planning Committee
- Other tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NECESSARY:
- B.A. from Christendom College or other “Newman Guide College” required
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ability to learn WordPress
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Ability to take photo-journalistic high-quality pictures and digital recordings
- Be a motivated self-starter with ability to produce quality content on frequent basis
- Have a high attention to detail and be very responsive to constituents
- Have the desire to work for a Catholic Apostolate
- Acute sense of urgency – getting things done on time
- Goal-oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- Cooperative ability and flexible attitude
- Ability to be innovations and to “think outside the box”
- Determination to overcome all hurdles to achieve planned results
- Friendly, cheerful, high-energy, and professional disposition
Christendom College does not discriminate against any applicant or student on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.