Many school teachers and educational professionals would love to learn more about their faith and earn their MA in Theology but are unable to commit to online or in-person classes because of their jobs. Thankfully, there is an easy solution to this problem. These busy professionals can enroll in Christendom’s graduate school summer sessions and, after just four summers, they can earn their Master of Arts in Theological Studies.  The college offers a six-week summer residency program on its Front Royal, Virginia, campus which gives people the opportunity to study the truth and grow in their faith and intellect while experiencing a truly Catholic community and all the Shenandoah Valley has to offer.

“The summers at Christendom’s graduate school rooted me in a well-rounded authentically Catholic culture, which assisted me in the pursuit of truth,” says alumnus Roland Millare who is now a professor of theology at University of St. Thomas School of Theology. “I am forever in debt to my time of prayer, study, and fellowship in the Shenandoah Valley.”

The summer graduate program offers courses in catechesis and evangelization, Church history, philosophy of God and man, Sacred Scripture, and morality. This is the perfect option for people whose jobs do not allow them to complete their studies during the regular fall or spring academic cycles.

For more information about the graduate school and to learn how catechists, Catholic school teachers, and Directors of Religious Education can save 50% off tuition, go here.

“I found Christendom online when I was looking for education programs, and I committed to it because of the summer program. Being a teacher, I was busy all day long and knew I could not learn more about my faith on my own during the school year going to classes,” says Vanessa Cowart, a graduate school alumna. “I went back every summer because Christendom gave me the opportunity to learn the faith in a beautiful, relaxing environment where I could totally focus on my studies,” she continued.

In addition to taking classes, students enjoy the beautiful Shenandoah Valley with activities such as hikes, canoeing, daily Mass, prayer, and community meals. Such a unique blend of study, activity, and Catholic community enables students to experience a truly Catholic academic community, something which is not easy to find while studying at the graduate level.

The graduate school also hosts the Vita Consecrata Institute for religious during the summer. The Institute provides religious students with a deepening of their understanding and appreciation for the gift of consecrated life, growth in their spiritual lives and formation for those preparing to take leadership roles in their institution. They are taught by those who exemplify consecrated life themselves, with courses that focus on spirituality and theology of the consecrated life and their role in the mission of the Church.

Both the graduate studies program and the Vita Consecrata Institute provide students with an opportunity to grow intellectually, spiritually, and personally through an authentically Catholic academic community.

To learn more about the residential summer program at Christendom’s Graduate School, go here.

Contributed by Nuala Kelly (’19).