Thomas Humm, Peter Young, and Anna Hsu have been named the winners of Christendom’s 2022 Padre Pio Full-Tuition Scholarship competition.

The college’s Admissions Office welcomed 81 students for this year’s competition, making it one of the most exciting and competitive the college has ever hosted.

Young, from Chantilly, Virginia, has been homeschooled his entire education through Seton Home Study School. While at Christendom, he hopes to continue in the rigorous academic work he encountered growing up while also growing in his Catholic Faith.

“I really want to receive the education at Christendom because all the courses are taught from an authentically Catholic perspective,” says Young. “In addition, the rigorous liberal arts curriculum will continue my intellectual formation and will hand on truths and wisdom that will be applicable in whatever career or vocation I am called.”

Like Young, Hsu was also homeschooled but through Kolbe Academy. For her, Christendom was always at the top of her list of colleges, especially after attending Christendom’s Best Week Ever high school summer program last year.

“Immersing myself in Christendom’s genuinely Catholic environment will benefit me on the long, difficult path to holiness,” says Hsu, whose brother is a rising senior at Christendom. “It will help me prepare for going out into the world and purifying it as Catholics should. I look forward to discovering truth, meeting new people, and making many memories during my years at Christendom.”

Humm, who will soon be graduating from St. Mary High School in Paducah, Kentucky, is also excited to begin studying at an authentically Catholic college like Christendom. In Kentucky, Humm has been able to study and grow in a Christ-centered community at St. Mary’s and wanted to continue that in college. He first learned about Christendom after listening to a segment of the Al Kresta Radio Show on which Admissions Director Sam Phillips was discussing the Best Week Ever. After attending the highly ranked summer program, Humm found exactly what he was looking for in a college experience.

“Christendom is devoutly Catholic in every way,” says Humm. “I can’t think of any school that has a better campus culture or better curriculum. Christendom is one of a kind.”

The college also awarded $5,000 runner-up scholarships to Michael Piersall, Anastasia Piroch, John Hill, Monica Kennedy, and Sophia Zamoyta.

The Admissions Office looks forward to welcoming these exceptional scholars to campus in August, along with the rest of the Class of 2026, where they will learn the Truth, live the Faith, and thrive.