Alumnus Andrew Clark will be ordained to the transitional diaconate this coming weekend. Clark, a graduate of the Class of 2014, will be ordained a deacon by the Diocese of Arlington’s Bishop Michael Burbidge at the Cathedral of St. Thomas More in Arlington, Virginia, putting him one step closer to ordination to the priesthood next year.

Clark, who majored in history at Christendom and is in his third year of theology at St. Charles Borromeo Seminary, will be ordained on Saturday, April 23, at 11:00 a.m., along with seven others.

“It is very hard to quantify a man’s decision to enter seminary,” said Clark in an interview with the Diocese of Arlington. “I knew from the time I was 16 that one day I would go to seminary, but I kept putting it off, for no good reason. By the summer of 2015, I had had enough of my own cowardice. I have been surrounded by good priests my entire life so had examples of what the vocation lived well looked like, which helped me see the choice as a worthwhile option.”

Clark is the latest Christendom alumnus to discern a vocation to the priesthood in the college’s home Diocese of Arlington. Currently, 21 alumni serve as priests in the diocese, with the twenty-second, Deacon Philip Briggs ’13, set to be ordained to the priesthood this coming June.

Two other alumni will be ordained to the priesthood this coming summer as well, with Deacon Dominic Winter and Deacon John Francis both being ordained in May. By the end of June, Christendom will stand at a total of 103 alumni priests — a rich vocational history.