On average, students who participated in the Price Match Program earned over $7,500 in additional scholarships per year.
Don’t let money stand in the way of you and your top choice college – Christendom College!
Through the Price Match Program, we work with families to break down any financial barriers to attendance, and review our financial aid offerings to you in light of your offers from other colleges. Although not all offers will be matched 100%, in all cases, the cost to attend Christendom will be lowered, if the other college’s offer is less than Christendom’s offer.
Please note: Sometimes we match 25% or 50% of the other college’s offer, sometimes 100% – it depends on a number of aspects. Additionally, through this program, we are not matching dollar-for-dollar scholarship amounts, but rather, the “bottom line” amount that you have to pay another college to attend. This is very important to understand.
There are three parts that go into a financial aid offering from any college.
- Free money you receive from the college (scholarships and grants).
- Money you need to repay someone (loans).
- Money you have to pay to the college (cash).
Through the Price Match Program, we help you understand the real cost of attending college and to lessen your burden in the area of loans and cash – which we call the Bottom Line – the amount it costs YOU to attend a particular college, not the amount of free money a college gives you.
Although Christendom College offers competitive merit-based and need-based financial assistance to its students, sometimes, prospective students receive a financial aid package (including academic scholarships, loans, grants, Federal loans, and institutional aid) from another institution of higher learning which makes the total cost to attend – the bottom line – less than attending Christendom.
In these cases, the Price Match Program would try and “price match” the other college’s bottom line – actual cost to attend (cash + loans) – thus making it cost the same price to attend Christendom or the second-choice college.
PLEASE NOTE: Each year, around 70% of our incoming students find that the natural amount of financial aid they receive from Christendom is better than what they would have received at their second-choice college. For those who are not in that situation, we encourage them to use the Price Match Program to try and lessen their costs (cash + loans). As stated above, although not all offers will be matched 100%, in every case, the cost to attend Christendom will be lowered, if the other college’s offer is less than Christendom’s offer
Required Steps for Applying for a Price Match
- Submit your need-based financial aid application to Christendom. We use the College Board’s online application and you can learn about getting started here: https://www.christendom.edu/admissions/financial-aid/financial-aid-forms/
- Determine your bottom line cost of attendance at the other 4-year Catholic College and carefully check to make sure that their bottom line is in fact lower than Christendom’s. (Normally, to determine the bottom line requires completing the financial aid and scholarship process with the other college). Please note: What it will cost you to attend Christendom may end up actually being less than what it costs to attend another private college offering you a larger scholarship. Pay more attention to what YOU are left to pay to attend college, not what THEY give you in scholarship.)
- Fill out Christendom’s Price Match Application. (Found here).
- Send your completed Price Match Application AND official documentation from the other 4-year Catholic college detailing your bottom line offer to: VP for Enrollment Tom McFadden via email at email@example.com or in the mail to 134 Christendom Drive, Front Royal, VA 22630
- Restrictions may apply.
- The college reserves the right to match or not match any particular offer presented, based on its current financial or enrollment needs. In some cases, an offer may not be matched 100%.
- All applicants must first submit Christendom College’s financial aid application and award letters and financial aid packets from the one school to be matched. A match cannot be made unless all of these items have been submitted.
- Any PMP award granted in combination with all other aid offered by the college will not exceed 100% of the cost of tuition.
- This offer is only available to new students who will be living on Christendom’s campus during their 4 years, beginning Fall 2021. Other requirements:
- Students must have received an academic scholarship and/or financial aid offer from a private, 4-year Catholic college or university.
- They must submit Christendom College’s Financial Aid Application, requesting financial assistance (even if they did not complete the FAFSA for another college).
- Submit a complete PMP Application. Please note, only one PMP application per student may be submitted.
- Submit the financial aid/academic scholarship award letter from the private 4-year Catholic college or university, AS WELL AS the letter showing how much you will have to pay at that same college or university.
- The PMP committee may make exceptions and allow applicants to submit information from select public or private non-Catholic schools on a case-by-case basis.
- All room and board costs, as well as books, travel, and personal expenses must be paid in full by students/families. The college will not apply the PMP to work study credit given to student.
To be considered for the PMP, download the application below, and send (also include your award letters and your financial aid statement from the college you wish us to match) to Tom McFadden, VP for Enrollment, 134 Christendom Drive, Front Royal, VA 22630 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.