Did you know that only around 30% of Americans over the age of 25 have college degrees (from 2010 US Census) and that only 27% of college grads work in their field of study? This means that the overwhelming majority of people who go to college to major in one particular field end up never working in that field! Read about it in The Washington Post. Did you know that the vast majority of Christendom College graduates do not work in their field of study?Although they major in one of the following 7 areas, they work in fields totally unrelated to their fields (like 73% of other college graduates), such as medicine, business, education, IT, engineering, architecture, retail, religious education, marketing, and so much more. Did you know that employers want broadly educated new hires, rather than narrowly trained employees?
Did you know that you can do just about anything with a degree in History, Theology, Classics, Philosophy, Political Science, or English Language and Literature – and do not need to go to grad school to do it (but can if you want – only 9% of Americans over 25 have a graduate degree)?
Do you agree with any of these statements? If so, studying the liberal arts at Christendom College may be right for you.
- I like so many different subjects, I want to study all of them.
- I want flexibility in my career path.
- I like learning for its own sake.
- I like to analyze—and solve—complex problems.
- I want to be successful at many things in life; not just my professional life.
- I want to make a difference in the world, and to change it for the better.