A community so welcoming, you’ll feel at home.
Overlooking the beautiful Shenandoah River, Christendom College’s 200 acre campus is home to approximately 85% of the student body over the course of their four-year enrollment. The rural landscape of the Shenandoah Valley provides the students with a serene setting for study, reflection, and communal Christian living.
- The campus has twelve single-sex residence halls ( 9 for men, 3 for women) which can house a total of approximately 400 students
- Each residence hall has representatives from each class for the sake of student formation. The campus promotes communal Christian living where the upperclassmen have care of the underclassmen, fostering their growth and maturation by developing relationships and leading by the example of their daily living.
- Each hall has at least one resident assistant whose primary responsibilities include the personal formation, safety, and security of his or her residents.
- The college does not provide internet access in the residence halls, not just to keep bad things out, but to help foster real conversations amongst real people – not virtual.
- 9 residence halls
- The majority of rooms are spacious 3 person rooms (180-208 sq. ft.).
- St. Francis of Assisi, St. Joseph and St. Columba Halls are equipped with full personal bathrooms as well as wall to wall carpeting in each of the rooms.
- St. Benedict’s Hall is the largest men’s hall. It houses 75 men and sports three common areas for student socializing, studying, and formation events.
- St. Dominic, St. Anne, St. Pius, St. Teresa, and St. Augustine Halls are smaller in capacity which facilitates a smaller community life. They each have the unique amenities of a full kitchen for those students with special dietary needs.
Virtual Tour of Men’s Residence Halls
- 3 residence halls
- St. Clare Hall, the largest of the women’s residence halls, houses over 98 women on two floors. It features spacious 4-person suites, common rooms, elevator access to each floor, a kitchenette, and more.
- St. Edmund Campion Hall houses over 75 women on three floors. The spacious common rooms on first and main floor provide the women with a comfortable place to hang out, a venue for formation programs, etc. The first floor has a movie room for the women.
- St. Catherine of Siena Hall houses 83 women. While women share common bathrooms, each room has a vanity sink. Each floor has a common area for student socializing, studying, and formation events.
Virtual Tour of Women’s Residence Halls